Announcing Biodiversity Policy & Practice
posted on Wednesday, 20 October 2010
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is pleased to announce the launch of
Biodiversity Policy & Practice:
A Knowledgebase on UN and Intergovernmental Activities Addressing International Biodiversity Policy
Biodiversity Policy & Practice is a knowledge management project that will track UN and intergovernmental activities related to international biodiversity policy. It is managed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services.
The launch of Biodiversity Policy & Practice coincides with the 10th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 10) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), which is convening in Nagoya, Japan, on 18-29 October 2010.
Information on United Nations activities is provided in cooperation with the UN system agencies, funds and programmes through the United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB) Secretariat.
All news articles on Biodiversity Policy & Practice are researched and produced by our team of thematic experts, resulting in all original content.
Features of the website include:
- A knowledgebase of summaries of activities (publications, meetings, statements or projects) by a range of actors, with the option to search by several categories (region, actor, action, issue and implementation mechanism);
- A clickable world map, enabling you to view the latest biodiversity policy news by region (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America & Caribbean, Near East, North America, and South West Pacific);
- A link to subscribe to BIODIVERSITY-L, a moderated community announcement list for policy-makers and practitioners involved with biodiversity policy;
- A link to the most recent “Biodiversity Update,” a periodic feed of recent posts to the Biodiversity Policy & Practice knowledgebase;
- A Calendar of upcoming intergovernmental events related to international biodiversity policy;
- A link to our Biodiversity iCalendar, which automatically updates your own calendar program with upcoming biodiversity events; and
- A link to our RSS feed.
We invite you to visit Biodiversity Policy & Practice, at http://biodiversity-l.iisd.org/. Please also visit our Earth Negotiations Bulletin coverage of CBD COP 10 at http://www.iisd.ca/biodiv/cop10/.
Start-up funding for Phase I of Biodiversity Policy & Practice has been provided by the Global Environment Facility.
For further information on this initiative or to provide us with information about your biodiversity-related activity, please contact Faye Leone, Content Editor, at email@example.com.