Articles by Regions
Subscribe to Mailing Lists
IISD's Knowledge Management
About our Natural Resources Mailing Lists
- What are the NR MAILING LISTS?
- What is posted on to these NR MAILING LISTS?
- How do I subscribe to the NR MAILING LISTS?
- How do I access postings to the NR MAILING LISTS?
- How do I post a message to the NR MAILING LISTS?
- How do I unsubscribe from the NR MAILING LISTS?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
BIODIVERSITY-L / FORESTS-L / LAND-L / WATER-L are community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners. These free knowledge-sharing tools are managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. These mailing lists are peer-to-peer services meant to advance understanding of issues related to natural resources by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to activities with a strong focus on natural resource policy. They offer users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
Postings include biodiversity, forests, land and water policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the Natural Resources Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the Natural Resources Policy & Practice knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserve is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to natural resource policy and/or practice, such as new publications, best practices or research results, announcements or outcomes of meetings or sessions/side events, and relevant job vacancies, publications and online resources;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible, do not send file attachments. If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to any listserve, enter your email address below and select the list you would like to join.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on the desired mailing list
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive related postings in your email, subscribe to the desired listserve as described above.
To read postings online, and to access older posts, visit the Archive and choose the desired forum.
Any subscribed member can post to these lists. Just send the message to:
To unsubscribe from any list, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. There is also an unsubscribe link available at the bottom of every message posted to any list.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to the given list. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next to the list you would like to unsubscribe from.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact Diego Noguera <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact Diego Noguera <email@example.com>.